Thursday, April 14, 2011

Researching

I have spent hours and hours (too many to even count) doing research on my surgical options and payment arrangements after our discussion with the surgeon.  Now I feel confident about my decision and am looking forward to the next steps!

I have decided to go with the laproscopic Gastric Bypass (otherwise known as Roux-en-Y or RNY).

I am hoping to be able to have the surgery at the beginning of July for a couple reasons:
1.  As a teacher, I have summers off, so I will have time to heal before going back to work and I will not have to take any time off to have the sugery or recuperate.
2.  July 1 starts a new fiscal year, which means health insurance premiums and coinsurance restart.  If I have the surgery at the beginning of the year, whatever I have the rest of the year will be free!

I only have a few more things to complete before I can have the surgery.
1.  I have my second nutrition class on April 23.
2.  I have to have a gallbladder ultrasound and bloodwork.
3.  I need to meet with surgeon, take a written test, and then they will schedule my surgery!!  Yay!

I am super excited to be on the path to becoming a "Squeezy Mama!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment